2017 marks the centennial of the entry of the United States into World War I. Learn more about the impact this had on everyday lives and the making of America today. Join others in a reading and discussion group developed by the Library of America as we explore excerpts of essays, speeches, books, poems and letters about World War I . Led by Timothy Dixon, J.D., Associate Professor, NSU College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Department of History and Political Science.
The following seven topics will be covered:
- Why Fight? Tuesday, March 21 , 2-3 pm
- The Experience of War: Tuesday, March 28, 2-3 pm
- Race and WWI: Tuesday, April 4, 2-3 pm
- American Women at War: Tuesday, April 11, 2-3 pm
- The Front: Tuesday, April 18, 2-3 pm
- America on the World Stage: Tuesday, April 25, 2-3 pm
- Coming Home: Tuesday, May 2, 2-3 pm
Copies of the readers are available at:
Select the individual section or download the entire series and read them by the discussion date.