HeritageQuest is a collection of online resources for genealogical research, including:
- US Censuses from 1790-1930.
- Over 20,000 books including 8,000 family histories and 12,000 local histories.
- Other primary source documents such as tax lists, city directories, probate records, and more.
- Periodical Source Index (PERSI), covering more than 6,300 genealogy and history periodicals written in English and French (Canada) since 1800.
- Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Application Files.
- Freedman’s Bank Records.
The Alvin Sherman Library also offers more genealogical resources including other databases such as Ancestry Library and Sanborn Maps as well as online books. You can also access well as over 3,000 books and periodicals from the former library of the Genealogical Society of Broward County . For a basic overview of available genealogical resources at the Alvin Sherman Library visit: http://nova.campusguides.com/genealogy or Ask a Librarian.