The North Miami Beach Campus offers library services at the Nova Southeastern University Fischler School of Education. We are located on the 4th floor of the Main building, Suite 436.
NSU North Miami Beach Library Services
1750 NE 167th St., LIBNMB
North Miami Beach, FL 33162-3017
- North Miami Beach Librarian
Laura Lucio Ramirez is the Director of North Miami Beach Library Services and liaison to the Fischler School of Education.
Local Number: (954) 262-8423
Toll Free: 1 (800) 541-6682 ext. 28423
- North Miami Beach Branch Library Assistant
Heather Johnson-Desiral is the Student Assistant.
Local Number: (954) 262-8491
Toll Free: 1 (800) 541-6682 ext. 28491
Collections & Organization of Materials
A small collection of reference books, primary education titles, is available. Books are arranged using the U.S. Library of Congress classification system. Use NovaCat to locate books in the collections of all NSU Libraries.
Lending Policies / Borrowing Information
The lending policies at the NMB location are the same as those for Alvin Sherman Library patrons and vary by your patron type. For general details on requirements to be able to borrow materials, and for specific information on the loan rules that apply to each type of patron, refer to the overview of circulation services.
To find citations and articles, use one of our subscription databases. For a current list of education journals available online in full-text, visit Journal Finder by Subject – Education. Log in using your NSU ID number. Please note that this is just a listing of education journals. Also note that some journals may publish their online editions later than their print counterparts.
The NSU Libraries subscribe to over 400 online databases such as ERIC (ProQuest) and Education Full Text (Ebscohost), covering topics in education, psychology, business, medicine, and many other subjects. Visit the NSU Databases, click on NSU Patrons, and log in with your NSU ID number.
Resources for FSE Faculty
Education Resources – NSU
- Education Tutorial – created by DILS
- Teaching Material & Handouts – created by DILS (Click on the Education link on the top of the page to go to the Education section.)
- Teacher Resources for Incorporating Database Use into the Classroom – created by Reference
Education Resources – Non NSU institutions
- U.S. Department of Education
- Florida Department of Education
- Florida Electronic Library
- Also see the Education Web Resources
Other Library Services
Library Instructional Sessions
Faculty may request library training for their classes by contacting Laura Ramirez, NMB Librarian, at email@example.com or (954) 262-8423 or (800) 541-6682 ext. 28423. Students, faculty, and staff may also request individual instruction sessions which can be conducted at North Miami Beach, at the main campus, or by phone by filling out a request form.
There are no photocopy machines available for student use at this location, but there are Internet-enabled computer stations with printing capabilities.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
For items not available at NMB, patrons can request an InterLibrary Loan via an online form. These are free services provided by the Interlibrary Loan department at the Alvin Sherman Library.
From Broward County:
- Take I-95 south to Miami Gardens Drive (State Road 860) and turn left (east).
- Continue east to NE 19th Avenue; turn right (south) and continue south for 1.5 miles
- Turn right (west) at NE 167th Street, two blocks to campus at 1750 NE 167th street.
From Miami-Dade County:
- Take I-95 North to Miami Gardens Drive (State Road 860) and turn right (east).
- Continue east to NE 19th Avenue; turn right (south), continue south 1.5 miles.
- Turn right (west) at NE 167th street, two blocks to campus at 1750 NE 167th Street.