Library services are available for the Nova Southeastern University Fischler College of Education at the North Miami Beach campus. We are located on the 3rd floor of the Main Building, Room 303.
NSU North Miami Beach Library Services
1750 NE 167th St., LIBNMB
North Miami Beach, FL 33162-3017
- North Miami Beach Librarian
Reference & Instructional Librarian
Nova Southeastern University
North Miami Beach, FL 33162 (at NMB most Tuesdays).
Phone: (954) 262-5485 or 1-800-541-6682 ext. 25485
Alvin Sherman Library
Nova Southeastern University
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
Phone: (954) 262-4575 or 1-800-541-6682 ext. 24575
Resources for Education Faculty Page http://nova.campusguides.com/educationfaculty
- North Miami Beach Library Assistant:
Local Number: (954) 262-8491
Toll Free: 1 (800) 541-6682 ext. 28491
Library Services are available Monday-Friday, but can vary due to the librarian and/or student assistant schedules. Please call or email before your visit to make an appointment. If you need immediate reference assistance please contact the Reference Desk at the Alvin Sherman Library:
Collections & Organization of Materials
A small collection of reference books, primarily education titles, is available. Books are arranged using the U.S. Library of Congress classification system. Use NovaCat to locate books in the collections of all NSU Libraries.
Lending Policies / Borrowing Information
The lending policies at the NMB location are the same as those for Alvin Sherman Library patrons and vary by your patron type. For general details on requirements to be able to borrow materials, and for specific information on the loan rules that apply to each type of patron, refer to the overview of circulation services.
The NSU Libraries subscribe to over 500 online databases such as ERIC (ProQuest) and Education Source (EBSCOhost), covering topics in education, psychology, business, medicine, and many other subjects.
Resources for FCE Faculty
Education Resources – NSU
- Library Orientation for Education Students
- Education Videos in LibraryLearn
- Teacher Resources for Incorporating Database Use into the Classroom
Education Resources – Non NSU institutions
Other Library Services
Library Instructional Sessions
Faculty may request library training for their classes by contacting Joana Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (954) 262-4575 or 1-800-541-6682 ext. 24575.
Students, faculty, and staff may also request individual instruction sessions which can be conducted at North Miami Beach, at the main campus, or by phone by filling out this request form.
There are no photocopy machines available for student use at this location.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
For items not available at NMB, patrons can request an InterLibrary Loan via an online form. These are free services provided by the Interlibrary Loan department at the Alvin Sherman Library.
From Broward County:
- Take I-95 south to Miami Gardens Drive (State Road 860) and turn left (east).
- Continue east to NE 19th Avenue; turn right (south) and continue south for 1.5 miles
- Turn right (west) at NE 167th Street, two blocks to campus at 1750 NE 167th street.
From Miami-Dade County:
- Take I-95 North to Miami Gardens Drive (State Road 860) and turn right (east).
- Continue east to NE 19th Avenue; turn right (south), continue south 1.5 miles.
- Turn right (west) at NE 167th street, two blocks to campus at 1750 NE 167th Street.