Individual Library Training Policy
- Individual library training sessions are available to NSU students, faculty, and staff members as well as to Broward County residents. Library training sessions for patrons other than the constituents listed above will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Patrons are required to make an appointment at least two-business days in advance for one-on-one library training sessions using the appropriate form (available at the Reference Desk or online at http://www.nova.edu/library/help/libtraining.html).
- Appointments are offered Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. (last appointment taken at 8:00 p.m.) and Fridays, 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (last appointment taken at 5:00 p.m.)
- Students enrolled in HPD or LAW programs should contact their respective NSU Library to request library training for medical and law research/resources. The Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center will provide training to HPD and LAW students in other subject areas as needed.
- Individual library training sessions will be scheduled for a period of one hour. Longer training sessions can be scheduled on a case-by-case basis.
- Patrons must be on time for their appointments. Patrons who are late (15 minutes or more) for their instructional appointments will be asked to reschedule.
- The intent of individual library training sessions is to teach patrons how to use the library and its resources. Librarians are prohibited from doing patrons’ research and/or school-specific assignments.