Conference rooms are available for NSU departments and organizations as well as public groups and organizations.
- For information on library conference room reservations, please see Conference Room Reservations. Conference room reservation requests must be made online at least fourteen (14) business days prior to the proposed meeting/event. Non-NSU groups must make reservations via Facility Leasing at least 30 days in advance. Your reservation is not official until you receive an email confirmation from the AdAstra Scheduling System.
- Conference rooms are available during library hours ONLY and cannot be reserved for meetings of a recurring nature.
- Please remember to indicate the audiovisual needs (LCD projector, laptop, overhead, etc.) as well as desired room set-up on the Room Request Form. If this information is not provided on the Room Request Form, no equipment will be provided and the room set-up will be boardroom style. The library will place all work orders with NSU’s Physical Plant Department for room set-up. If furniture including tables, chairs, that must be rented for your event, a representative from Physical Plant will contact you to make these arrangements.
- Food and beverages are permitted only in the conference rooms, and MUST be catered through NSU’s exclusive provider of catering services, CHARTWELL. Food and beverages are NOT permitted in the main areas of the library, including copy rooms, study rooms, and/or hallways of the library. No food or beverages are to be brought into the conference rooms from any other source, except provided by CHARTWELL. Any other source includes, but is not limited to, food purchased at the Connections Café, brown bag lunches, leftover meals, food deliveries, etc.
- There are signs throughout the library indicating the location of all conference rooms. In addition, Public Safety is also available in the lobby entrance to provide assistance. However, groups may request additional signage to aid meeting attendees in locating the conference rooms by checking the appropriate box on the Room Request Form. Signs will be computer generated and placed on top of easels/large arrows. Signs may NOT be taped to walls or doors.
- Upon arriving at the library on the date of the event, the room will be unlocked by Public Safety. If the room is locked, please see the Public Safety officer stationed at the front entrance to the library or dial x28993 from any black phone located in the building.
- Upon entering the conference room, the organization should inspect the room and report any previous damage to Public Safety. The organization is responsible for any damages to the room and will be charged accordingly. Damages will be reported to the NSU’s Facilities Management Department for a repair estimate. The estimate will be sent to the organization for immediate payment.
- Doors to the conference rooms MUST remain closed at all times during the event. If the participants of the meetings/events taking place in the conference rooms in any way disturb library patrons, they will be warned by Public Safety to cease the disruptions. All warnings by Public Safety will be forwarded to the Library Administration Department, who will then notify the groups that this behavior is unacceptable and can potentially limit their opportunities of reserving conference rooms in the future.
- Tables and chairs may NOT be moved from room to room or from main areas in the library into the conference rooms. Furniture may be moved within a room, but all tables and chairs must be returned to original set-up immediately following the event. Tables and/or chairs from the conference room may NOT be set-up or moved outside of the conference room for any reason.
- Altering the appearance of any room by taping, pinning, nailing, or fastening any items in any manner to the walls, doors, and/or ceiling is not permitted. The use of sticky tape on walls is also not permitted. Decorations can be placed on top of tables, but all decorations must be removed immediately following the event.
- All library rules and policies must be adhered to when utilizing a library conference room. For a complete listing of all library policies please see the Library Policies page.
The Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center’s top priority is to the library patrons, which include students, staff, and faculty of NSU as well as the community of Broward County. Any distractions to their desire to enjoy a peaceful environment to read, learn, and study will not be tolerated. Any organization that does not follow these policies will be asked by Public Safety to vacate the premises immediately.