Greetings and Welcome!
On behalf of the Board of Directors, thank you for your support and interest in the Circle of Friends for the Nova Southeastern University Alvin Sherman Library. Our goal is to build a better library, one friend at a time. That means working with you and our community to help ensure the expansion and continuation of many essential library services and resources. Since 1999, our friends group has been doing just that. And today, we can say that our efforts have reached every aspect of the library and more importantly, helped build a better NSU and Broward County Community.
Over the past few years, the Circle of Friends funds have helped:
- Expand the library’s research capability by purchasing new academic databases and print collections;
- Support librarians to better assist patrons using new technology;
- Provide best-selling downloadable e-books and audiobooks for children, teens and adults;
- Enhance the children’s reading area with new tables and specialized early childhood computers, and refurbished the Teen Room;
- Improve disabled patrons’ access to the library’s resources by updating the Assistive Technology Room; and,
- Enrich the experience of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) by adding special materials to be used at the All Star Storytime.
If you are already a Circle of Friends member, we look forward to seeing you at programs throughout the coming year. If you are not a member, please join us at one of our exciting upcoming events.
Sincerely, your partner in literacy,
Michael C. Greenberg – President
Circle of Friends of the Alvin Sherman Library
P.S. You can easily join or renew your membership online by clicking on this link: https://www.nova.edu/cof/membership/. If you have questions or would like to join or renew by mail, please call (954) 262-4627 or 954-262-4593, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.