Since May 5, 1999, the mission of Circle of Friends of NSU Alvin Sherman Library has been to attract and maintain a diverse group of individuals and corporations who share the common goal of furthering the intellectual resources of the NSU Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center, and generating public interest and support of it.
Circle of Friends promotes awareness of library to fund special exhibits, programs and other projects which enhance its resources, to support and cooperate with the Library in developing library services for the academic and public communities which it serves, and to provide opportunities for networking, communication and intellectual development among the members of Circle of Friends.
About the Library
The Alvin Sherman Library is truly a unique community resource for South Florida. Visit the library and discover more than just books… winning blend of form and function of technology, art, culture, vast sources of information, and knowledgeable and helpful staff members, all within a bright, welcoming setting.
- As a joint-use facility, the Sherman Library is accessible to NSU students, staff and faculty members, as well as residents, employees and students of Broward County.
- It is one of the largest library building in Florida with 5 floors encompassing 325,000 square feet.
- Over 150 research databases available from home or office; over 250 available on campus.
- 100,000 eBooks available from your home or office
- Patrons can access freely special collections such as genealogy
- 23 study rooms
- West End Café
“The NSU Glass Garden”, commissioned by the Circle of Friends and created by Dale Chihuly
and funded through private donations and the only sculpture where viewing is free