Join a diverse group of individuals from the community, students, faculty, staff, and alumni- as well as- corporations who are mutually concerned and enthusiastic for Nova Southeastern University’s most important resource, its Library.
The Circle of Friends is dedicated to:
- Promoting the development and achievements of the Library
- Encouraging greater visibility and interaction between the Library and the University, its host community, alumni, and friends
- Enriching the cultural life of the University and its larger community through funding of special exhibits, programs and collections
- Supporting the goals of the Library through volunteer activities and programs
- Assisting in developing resources to benefit the Library and its departments and programs
- Serving as a liaison with the private sector and building strong relationships between the Library, corporations and foundations
Through your generous support of the Circle of Friends, you help the Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center continue its efforts to build a service-oriented facility at the forefront of a new wave of libraries. When you join us, you’ll receive:
- Exclusive invitations to Nova Southeastern University events such as Distinguished Speakers Series. Past speakers have included, His Holiness The Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
- Special discount pricing for select performances, events and openings at the adjacent Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts Center and the Museum of Art Ft. Lauderdale
- An intimate evening with the NSU President at the State of the University Address
- Advance notice and invitation only author book signings and receptions
- Exhibit openings at the 2nd floor Library Gallery
- Pre-sale day for the semi-annual used book sale
- Electronic calendar of events (please provide your email address)
How can you help?
- Make a donation
- Donate Books: The Sherman Library is always looking for your gently used books, music CDs, DVDs and VHS movies. When you donate, we’ll either add them to our existing collection or sell them at our semi-annual book sale. Proceeds from the book sale are used to build the Donald R. Riggs scholarship fund. Your donation is tax deductible.
Please contact the Collection Development office for information on how to donate the material. The phone number is 954-262-4542.